||Assistant General Manager - Stylish Cocktail Bar & Bistro
Location: Alderley Edge, Cheshire
* You must drive, have strong cafe bar/restaurant management experience and hold a personal licence *
Our client, a cool cocktail bar and bistro situated in the Alderley Edge area, is looking for a highly experienced Assistant Manager to run their stunning, well-established operation. This high-quality, quirky and exciting operation will appeal to individuals with a strong appreciation for cocktails, spirits, healthy food and all things quirky with a busy daytime café and evening trade for the area's sophisticated drinkers. As a local social hot spot, this venue is busy with trade from new, existing customers as well as visitors and is growing from strength to strength developing an extremely strong customer base.
As well as demonstrating the ability and passion to develop a fantastic, successful business; you will have solid experience of running a similar operation and will be fully accountable for all aspects of the business, including Profit & Loss management, marketing, recruitment, training and hands-on day to day management of the operation. You will have bags of personality, be capable when it comes to spotting talent in your team as well as nurture and develop this while innovating, developing and maintaining all the controls and systems necessary to make this a successful operation - All while delivering fresh high quality food, hot drinks, an enviable drinks menu and the best personalised customer service for miles around.
* A minimum of 2 years current and solid bar/café/restaurant management experience
* Relevant and up-to-date Food Safety certification
* Excellent ability to train your team
* Menu development, implementation and promotion
* Excellent relationship-building and inter-personal skills with the ability to recruit, train, motivate, develop, and retain a team of passionate individuals
* A keen eye for detail and hands-on approach in relation to food preparation and presentation
* A real-world, in-depth knowledge and ability with regards to social media and marketing
* Be exceptional at developing a returning guest-base by being a true face of the business
* Have real charisma and a passion for all things culinary
* Previous experience as a manager of a fresh, quality, café / bar operation
* Experience of running a high volume operation
* Passionate and strong knowledge of coffees, fine wines and beverages
* Ideally some P&L accountability including sales analyses and forecasting, GP% and labour control (not essential but would benefit your own progression)
* A real self-starter, motivated and keen to get stuck into the role
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of interest, only applicants with the required listed experience will be contacted.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.